I am Dubai born and raised, qualified Chartered Accountant with prior experience in Finance now focusing leading the Finance & Financial services desk for Aventus
I started my career as a Management Consultant with the Big-4 and have worked across finance, audit and corporate finance for 5 years prior to taking a career detour into Recruitment.
I was the first intern at Aventus and steadily grew into my current position of managing the Finance Recruitment Desk for the GCC market.
Over the past 4+ years at Aventus I have been successful in placing multiple C-suite and Mid Management professionals across the GCC market including multiple GCC nationals. A quick overview of some of my recent placements include :
1. Multiple CFOs: including GCC nationals, niche area experts, IPO specialists, Strategic Leaders
2. Chief internal auditors: Includes leaders who have transformed the internal Audit practice, developed complete teams etc
3. Advisory Partners: Sector Leaders who are key contributors for growth in service line and business
Recruitment gives me the ability to build my network and my personal branding with the senior leadership team across the industry which was definitely what initially attracted me to the profession. Further, the work- life balance, reaping direct benefits for the hard work put in etc is a couple of things that has made me enjoy this field!
We are seeing more and more shift in perspective, organisations are now focusing on hiring strategic leaders who can contribute to the company’s growth vision and work as an extension of the CEO’s office rather than an operational CFO focusing only on the books and statements
CFOS are expected to liase closely with the Chief Investment Officers as this seen as a “Golden Combination” for rapid expansion and good investment decisions.
Other Areas of Finance where we see high demand include FP&A, Finance Associates and Credit Controllers.
Chief Auditors with good understanding of Regulatory Requirements are growing in need.
Technology audit specialist are in high demand as well
Advisory & Consulting:
With growing focus towards ESG we are seeing most of the Consulting firms paying a lot of attention to growing this practice. Most of the firms are establishing new teams to do this.
With the introduction of Corporate tax there is huge potential for international candidates- especially candidates with European and Dutch Tax law experience to find find opportunities in the Middle East.
Assurance and internal audit professionals within FS and banking and also always in need in the region.
What is your approach to recruitment / executive search?
I thrive of building strong relationships with my clients and candidates. I work as a consultative partner with all my stakeholders by not just head hunting but also providing valuable market insight which affects both the business decisions and candidate expectations.
I believe that is a higher chance of long- term success in any relationship built on trust- and the best way to build trust? Seamless and honest delivery with full transparency!
I am the first employee at Aventus that has grown from internship to managing my own desk and during my time here I have managed a couple of tricky processes.
2 of my personal favourite stories are :
1. A CFO placement that we closed during COVID lockdown- it was tricky search for a KSA national CFO with specific skill sets. This was also my 1st Executive placement. My background in finance certainly enabled me to spot the right talent and this was definatly a huge win for Aventus and even more of a positive thing during uncertain times for the entire world!
2. Commissioner of Revenue for a Governing Authority: this was a long process as I was to spot people with a unique skill to set up a governmental function from across the world! This opportunity was a huge learning experience and building a strong relationship with a senior candidate made the process easier.
I hold the record for the most number of senior placement at Aventus! I am also a crazy dog mom- but that’s irrelevant
Aventus because… I have always felt like family here, we look after each other and work as team.
The partners are a massive support system supportive system that have aided my growth immensely.
And what’s not to like about uncapped commissions.