Aventus is working with a MNC that is in search of Legal Counsel to join the established team. The work will mainly entail overseeing the legal aspects of our business. As a key member of the team, the successful lawyer will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a varied and fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal advice timely and efficiently to all business units and business lines.
- Review, negotiate and conclude all contracts for all business lines and business units.
- Assist with the general administrative tasks of the legal and compliance department which include administration of the ethics and compliance program and personal data protection program.
- Report regularly and timely to the head of legal/general counsel on all matters which are not in accordance with the policies and procedures of the legal and compliance department.
- Recognized law degree (LLB or equivalent), admittance as a lawyer, advocate, or attorney.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial and corporate contracts.
- Attention to detail, hard-working, wanting to learn and grow, and being proactive are key requirements.
- At least 3 years post-bachelor in law, must be able to work with minimal oversight.